Welcome...

It is such a pleasure to have you visit our blog. We hope you find your time here educative, informative and inspiring. Should you have any questions or comments, please use our comment box or e-mail address. 'Bon appetit!'

Thursday 31 January 2013

CASUAL SEX AND THE NIGERIAN YOUTH

Recently, I spoke on "Casual Sex and The Nigerian Youth" at a Reading Retreat organized by Oluseyi Olaobaju at Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria.
What Intrigued me was the topic of the discourse. I prayed as I usually do for inspiration to speak. I prepared my notes but something happened, I didn't feel my notes. I asked God to speak through me.
Before I continue, Someone asked me if I still have feelings of having sex and I was shocked. Yes naa, came the answer but that I have a feeling doesn't mean I must succumb to the feeling.
When you say something is casual, You mean that it is Relaxed, Unconcerned, Lacking care or thought, Informal, Happening by Chance. Oh My God!
The particular phrase that caught my attention is Lacking care or thought. How can you have sex that is lacking care or thought? You will be suprised that many youths do this alot.
Sex is big deal and goes beyond the physical-It is a Spiritual, Emotional, Psychological, and all the "als" you can think of. You cannot begin to imagine the lives, destinies, dignities, careers etc that have been wasted on the altar of sex, especially Casual sex.
Some youths engage in sex and think 'after all I am using a condom'. Will the condom take away the emotional guilt you feel?
Sex is big deal and God's idea but was meant to be in the context of Marriage. Respect yourself, your spouse to be and keep you.
It might not be easy but you can try.
#AbstinenceRocks

No comments:

Post a Comment